NZX provides high quality information, data and tools to support business decision making. We build and operate capital, risk and commodity markets and the infrastructure required to support them. We strive to make a meaningful difference to wealth creation for our shareholders, and the individuals, businesses and economies in which we operate.
The principal activities of NZX are:
- A licensed market operator and regulator of securities and derivatives markets and provider of trading, post-trade and data services for securities and derivatives, as well as the provider of a central securities depository. NZX's wholly owned subsidiary, New Zealand Clearing and Depository Corporation, is the operator of a designated settlement system under Part 5 of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand Act 1989.
- An online and hard copy publisher of information, news and data relating to the agriculture sectors in New Zealand and Australia.
- An operator of an electronic grain trading platform through Clear Grain Exchange, Australia’s only provider of online trading and clearing services for the buyers and sellers of grain.
- A provider of passive funds management products through the Smartshares family of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and the Smartshares KiwiSaver Scheme, smartkiwi.
- Market operator for New Zealand’s wholesale electricity market, under contract from the Electricity Authority, and the Fonterra Shareholders’ Market, under contract from Fonterra.
In addition, NZX has a 50% shareholding in LINK Market Services Limited, a securities registry business providing registry services to both listed and unlisted New Zealand companies.
NZX’s offices are located across New Zealand and Australia. Our largest office is at the NZX Centre on Wellington’s waterfront. Our newest office is in Auckland, adjacent to the Britomart precinct. NZX’s Agri HQ is at Feilding and our Australian operation is based in Melbourne.
Contact details are here: www.nzxgroup.com/contact
Other NZX Websites
NZX.com is the face of NZX for our customers, from listed issuers, to retail investors, brokers, and anyone else with an interest in the New Zealand securities market.
The Clearing House manages trading risks, providing a new era of transparency and efficiency in New Zealand's capital markets.
NZX Dairy Derivatives offers global risk management to international commodity buyers and sellers.
NZX Agri delivers valuable news and information, articles and analysis of New Zealand’s agricultural industry.
NZX Energy operates the New Zealand day-to-day wholesale electricity market.
Smartshares are exchange traded funds that can be bought and sold on market. Essentially they are shares designed to mirror the performance of a particular sharemarket index.
Clear Grain Exchange
Clear Grain Exchange offers buyers and sellers of grain an independent, secure online exchange environment to transact business.
FundSource is New Zealand's leading investment research house, supplying analysis to financial planners and fund managers since 1987.